Friday, September 30, 2005

Tonight, I was sitting at the computer, listening to songs and hoping to find the perfect song to choose for a Father and Daughter dance at my parent's 50th anniversary. Imagine, 50 years married, to each other! Not something you see a whole of now a-days, but through thick or thin, they are now celebrating that golden day together in November.

Anyway, as I sat listening to songs, I got an IM from a very good friend who has always lived halfway around the world. Her father passed away this afternoon. Several years ago, she lost her mother too. I cannot imagine losing both of my parents.

Even as I find joy in the celebration of my parent's life together this evening, my thoughts are turned to a friend who is no longer able to talk to, hug or laugh with her parents. May God's peace be with her and her family not only as they go about the preparations for the funeral, but also during the difficult holiday times ahead.

1 comment:

Old Garden Woman said...

How difficult and sad for your friend. This makes one aware of the mortality of parents and can be very difficult to emotionally comprehend - to never be able to hug and share with them, a major, major loss. However, memories are the glorious gift left us, so get using that camera girl and record those memories!!!! Huggles