Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Drop Dead Tired

This week is a killer for some reason.

With meetings on Monday and Tuesday, Bowling on Thursday and a wedding on Friday, there is little time for rest and relaxation.

Well what about Wednesday, you ask? Let's see, write two articles for our newsletter, review a congregational budget, try to plan all the things I need to do before the special congregational meeting on the second and, .. oh yeah, I forgot...Pack my bags for a week's vacation!

Now shouldn't this be a joyous thing? But no, being drop dead tired, I can't decide what the heck I want to bring. I don't know what the weather will be like, I can't fit into most of the clothes I would love to bring, the dog ate my shoes, and I can't forget that damnable machine that helps me breathe at night. (Oh yeah, and I must remember to transfer the maps to the truck that I will be driving and to update my laptop's files before I go.)

How sad that life can be like that! How sad that the planning for a much needed vacation is so tiring that by the time I actually leave...I will need two vacations!

Oh yeah...and I won't even think about what things will be like at the office when I return... On second thought... maybe I should just stay home?

No comments: