Friday, September 23, 2005

It has been so wonderful to get away from the everyday stresses of life. All of the responsibilities that I have had to endure recently have weighed heavily on my shoulders. The least of which is the loss of income to our household.

This time away would not have been possible without the generosity of my brother and sister in law. They have treated me to a couple of nights in Cincinnati where we went to the Zoo and to the Aquarium. They have provided me with refuge and food in their home and have even given me a new pair of shoes. How can I ever thank them for the gifts I have received.

My thanks are to God who has opened their hearts to my need.

I wonder...Lord, how can I now serve others in gratitude for the things that I have received?

1 comment:

Old Garden Woman said...

You thank them with the love you freely give them. They are financially blessed and so they give as families should out of love for each other. On the other hand, you give them yourself and your love - one is no less than the other - peace